Thursday, August 26, 2010

Wow!

So I was just reading another bloggers post about how you should write down what you are thinking at this exact moment and how thankful you should be that you are experiencing that thought.

It just so happens that my sister received the best news in the world today. She was offered a 4th grade teaching position at Century Park in Grandville. You have no idea how much this makes my heart happy, let alone how happy it makes my sister.

My sister was a teacher in Florida for two years when she decided to move back home, closer to family. After interviewing MULTIPLE times in the Grandville area, she continued to receive the news that she was not the chosen one. I can't even begin to imagine the disappointment, frustration and sadness that my sister had to encounter. My heart broke for her every time the phone rang letting us know that she once again didn't get the job.

The time when the phone rang and saw that it was her, I wasn't sure what to think. I answered it and heard this little whisper "I got the job" and for one second, I think my heart stopped! I teared up as I heard that she FINALLY GOT THE JOB. The power of prayer is amazing. Today, this is what I'm thankful for. My sister, out of all people, deserves this job!

To all the little boys and girls that will now be in Mrs. VandenBerg's classroom...you have the most amazing, creative, thoughtful and loving teacher and I'm so proud that she is my sister.

I love you Kat!

No comments:

Post a Comment