Thursday, July 14, 2011

Incredibly hard, and that's an understatement

I wish I had a more exciting title, but right now nothing is very exciting.

This past week has been something that I hope no one has to encounter, let alone KNOW of someone who has to go through what we have been going through.

Joel's uncle, aunt, cousin and cousins daughter were all murdered in last weeks killing spree. I'm still sick by even typing that.

The past two days of visitations have been exhausting, unimaginable and something I hope to never have to attend again. The family has been so blessed by the out pour of family and friends who have shown their support in so many ways. From prayers, cards, meals, flowers, and donations it has all been comforting knowing so many people have been touched by four loving and ridiculously funny Heeren family members.

The funeral is tomorrow. We said our goodbyes tonight. I hope and pray that I don't EVER have to stand next to my 11 year old daughter and explain to her how to say goodbye to her best friend, whom she will someday see again...however we pray that that won't be any time soon, Lord.

Always say I love you to those you care for, kiss your kids/husbands/wives all the time, live each day to the fullest. Life is just way too short...especially at the age of 12.

We love you Uncle "Frank", Aunt Becky, Jenny and Kamrie. We love you.

4 comments: